Completed Series (As of Nov 2014)

So I was gazing at my bookshelf, and I noticed I have quite a few completed series, so I thought... why not make a list?

1. The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling: I mean... the obvious. This series is what inspired me to read and got me into reading bigger books. It has had such a great impact on my personality, and I will eternally be thankful for all the lessons JKR has tought me and all the changes she made in my life.


2. The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins: My first YA book. My first trilogy. My first dystopian. My first OTP. My first everything. THG is what got me into YA in the first place. It was so brilliantly thought provoking that it has stayed with me until now.


3. Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth: Although I have some slight feelings of disdain towards the third and final book (it was very unsatisfying), it was the 2nd dystopian trilogy I ever read, and the first two books were some of my favorites. I have yet to read the companion, Four, but I'm pretty sure the main trilogy counts as a series.
4. The Percy Jackson and The Olympians Pentology by Rick Riordan: This is concerning the original 5 books, not the Heroes of Olympus Pentology (which I will get to later). Oh nostalgia.... (I think Oh Nostalgia is the 2nd name of the song Spotlight by Patrick Stump, no?) Anyway, this series brings back so many memories, and I love it so so much.
5. The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare: TID is flawless, amazing, and frankly, so much better than The Mortal Instruments. In my own opinion at least. Anyway, that is why I was able to fly through this trilogy(I only read the first 2 books in TMI on the other hand). The characters. Jem Carstairs makes me falls in love with him every single time he appears on page (and sets my standards ridiculously high). Although I didn't immediately forgive Will, as I'm not the kind of person who likes those arrogant characters who have issues bla bla bla, he grew on me. And ugh Tessa is such an amazing character. I loved the Infernal Devices and you should definitely give them a read. Plus, I was able to read all 3 before starting City of Bones, so it's okay to read these first. 

6. The Kane Chronicles trilogy by Rick Riordan: Ah, Rick Riordan... He played such an important role in my growing up. He helped me shape up my character. I wanted to be smart like Annabeth and brave like Percy and loyal like Grover from the Percy Jackson series. But as if Rick could get any more influential, there's this. The Kane Chronicles. He presented a set of new characters. A new premise. And boy, did it work. Sadie and Carter were just as inspiring as the Greek demigods. They, too, impacted my life, and I'm so thankful for Rick Riordan. 
7. Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver: Have you noticed I've basically been raving about all the series so far? Well, this one is no different. The Delirium trilogy has got to be one of my favorite series ever. I loved the message it conveyed, and unlike many people, I actually enjoyed the ending.

8. Shiver Trilogy by Maggie Stiefvater: Forever, the 3rd book in the series, was the first book I read this year, and I enjoyed it so much! You could either really hate or really love this series, and I belong to the latter group!
9. Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu: Even though I was freaking spoiled for the ending of the last book, this series remains one of the better dystopian trilogies out there, and I highly recommend it. 

10. The Selection trilogy by Kiera Cass: Now, even though this story wasn't the master of all depth and everything, it was extremely entertaining and addicting! I finished the whole trilogy in 3 days!

11. Mind Games duology by Kiersten White: First book, eh 3.5-4 stars. Second book? 6/5 freaking stars. A masterpiece. It's so perfect. Very thought-provoking. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. The reason the first book wasn't as good was because it was responsible for all the world-building that ensured the quick flow of the 2nd one. Read these books. They're short and fun. Highly recommended. 

12. Shatter Me trilogy: I won't say anything. I will only say one thing: Go read it.


13. Anna and The French Kiss, Lola and The Boy Next Door, Isla and The Happily Ever After: It isn't technically a trilogy, but the books are interconnected, so what the heck. All three are 5 star books, incredibly fluffy and cute. They'll always make you happy in times of sadness! You have to read them.
14. The Summer I Turned Pretty trilogy by Jenny Han: A beautiful summery trilogy that's perfect for the beach. Very sweet and touching. I cried at the end.
15. Heroes of Olympus Pentology by Rick Riordan: Last but definitely not least, this is my most recent completed series. Heroes of Olympus was one of my favorites, and words cannot express how much I'm going to miss my favorite characters,

Have you read any of these? What are your favorites? Leave a comment below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Post (October 5)

Friday Finds (August 15)