My Year In Books (2014)

So this is where I'm going to choose some books for several "titles" like hidden gem of the year, least favorite book of the year, etc...

  1. Top 14 Books of 2014: I'm not going to elaborate here, as I have a full length post for this, and that post could be found here.
  2. Favorite Ending: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. Loved it! I can't say more than that.
  3. Favorite Contemporary: The Truth About Alice by Jennifer Mathieu. I feel like thrusting this book into every high schooler's hands. It's that important.
  4. Hidden Gem of the Year: Normal by Danielle Pearl, an indie author. I received this book for review and it was mind-blowing. Definitely one of my favorite books of the year. Truly left an impact on me.
  5. Least Favorite Book of The Year: How They Met and Other Stories by David Levithan. Although I am a fan of Levithan's work, this one just didn't make the cut for me. The first short story was enjoyable, but it just went downhill from there. A shame I couldn't enjoy it.
  6. Best Character Development: Juliette from the Shatter Me trilogy, hands down. Read the series to understand.
  7. Best Novella: Fracture Me by Tahereh Mafi. No words. Novellas are usually unnecessary, but this, this made me see everything in a different light. 
  8. Best Series I Started: The Fifth Wave by Rick Yancey. In love.
  9. Best Book To Movie Adaptation: Mockingjay Pt 1 wins for me. 
  10. Best Summer Read: The Summer Trilogy by Jenny Hann. Left me crying like a baby.
  11. Funniest Book: Winger by Andrew Smith. Hilarious, despite it being heartbreaking too.
  12. Fluffiest Read: Anna and The French Kiss. Just aw.
  13. Most Thought Provoking Book: A tie between Perfect Lies by Kiersten White and The Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey.
  14. Book Everyone Loved but I Didn't: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. I could write a whole blog post on it.
  15. Book I Just Fell In Love With That Doesn't Fit Anywhere: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
What about you? Do any of your books fall into the categories above?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Friday Finds (August 15)

Sunday Post (October 5)